Monday, January 21, 2013

Slowing Down

Sometimes I forget that I'm only 23. I think I've always been the type to want to hurry up and do all the things I want/love. I met my soulmate at 18, so that was a good start to starting the next chapter of my life. Fast forward 5 years later and we now have 3 beautiful children. Our family is (most likely) complete, and I haven't even reached a quarter century yet. Watching my sweet babies, I am reminded just how fast life goes. Faster than I'd like in some areas. Like the fact that my newest daughter is almost 11 weeks old. Didn't I just grasp her slippery new body to my chest? And what about Nevaeh? Wasn't she just crawling around the living room last week? Landon is starting school in the Fall!

With the completion of my family, the next step in my mind is buying a house. I have been gung-ho about being a homeowner for the past two years, and it is frustrating to concede to waiting another year. I want a home to build our memories in year after year. Not pack up boxes every year and start all over. But God has reminded me, with the help of a poor credit score, to slow down and enjoy being right where I am. Not literally...because this two bedroom townhouse is entirely too small for a family of 5...but with my life and the people in it. Memories don't have to occur in one place. They happen everywhere, and the beautiful thing about it is that you don't need a box to store them in. They go wherever you go, in your heart and in your mind.
















There's no way I want to rush through all of this cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment