Thursday, July 7, 2011

The start of a Challenge

Thought I'd give this a go...this blog seems to be turning out to be more for my own benefit than anyone else's, but I love the idea that someday my kids can look back and read my thoughts, like I have done with my Mom's journals. So I will try to continue and blog as long as possible :-)


  • I seem to be exploring Ohio. I was born in Bluffton, raised in Lima, moved to Dayton, now in Columbus. 2-3 years from now I'll likely be in Cleveland.

  • I'm so relieved I don't have to go to a 4 year college. I will get an Associates or Certificate in something just to have it under my belt, but we are secure with Chris' job and I can stay home and raise our kids and do my crafts.

  • I'd like to think there's nothing "basic" about me, but I'm really pretty average, and that isn't a bad thing.

  • I have worked as an office assistant, dishwasher, sandwich artist twice, server, hostess, floor manager, cashier, and housekeeper.

  • When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a writer, but as an adult I didn't want to go through the "obligations" of writing my novels by a certain deadline.

  • I used to collect rocks, and I had written a note saying that "When I am older...like 21, I will decide what to do with these." Well...I'm 21...and I threw them out a few years ago :-/ I failed my 8 year old self!

  • I played Basketball, Volleyball and Softball until 8th grade when my Catholic school's rich kid favortism got the best of me and I quit.

  • I was a girl scout until my classmate's mom became the leader and did the rich kid favortism thing and my mom pulled me out right before the Canada trip and I was devestated.

  • I met my husband through a mutual friend and we played Guitar Hero for 3 hours. I knew him as Muskratt for about a month before I thought to ask his name and he thought to ask mine. We played "cat and mouse" back and forth for 3 months before officially dating. We married two years later on our dating anniversary (February 19)

  • I have a lot of anxiety and I would love nothing more than to scream my heart out on top of a Mountain and relieve all the pressure on my chest.

  • I will play sports any day, but absolutely cannot stand watching them on TV.


  • I make fun of shows like Teen Mom, Toddlers and Tiaras, and Secret Life of the American Teenager....but I watch them ALL!

  • I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get my body back to how it was (or remotely) before Nevaeh's sweet self came along and destroyed it.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment