Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Opportunities Galore

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never
      come to an end; they are new every morning. .  .
                                                                              - Lamentations 3:22-23


Where will the road take us?! Probably the biggest question in Chris and I's life right now. Besides what Landon wants for lunch of course ;-)
It's hard to even organize the thoughts of everything maybe and everything hopefully. It's a big pile of hmm and I can't wait to find out!
Chris graduates with his Associates in Mechanical Engineering at the end of May/beginning of June. Right now he works at Sherwin Williams as a Sales Associate, and would love to continue with the company at one of their factories. He's getting in touch with one of the "Big Guys" to see what's possible. Anything with the company would require a move, ranging from an hour down 75 in Cinncinatti to Effingham Illinois, to Orlando FL or Waco TX. We'll roll with anything! Our plan is still to move back to Lima. We have to plan for something, but it's only a tentative plan because obviously if an opportunity arises that takes us elsewhere, we'll jump at the chance!


Speaking of jumping at chances...I have the opportunity of a lifetime (ok, maybe not so dramatic) but it highly depends on finding some help...I have been planning on going into Medical Coding so I can work from home and still be with Nevaeh but also bring in some income (and some pretty nice income!) with Medical Coding I can work anywhere, so a move wouldn't interrupt it. There is a class down in Moraine starting on March 15...yes, 2 weeks away! 3 days a week, 4 hour class, 12 week program. I would graduate the same time Chris did. HOW perfect would that be?? If I can't do this then I'll have to wait until we move to (input destination) and get settled, etc. Two obstacles...the class is $2500, and it's too late to get financial aide. So unless I can qualify for WIA, or if Chris and I decide we can dig out the money, that'll hinder it. Also, I need someone to watch Nevaeh, and aside from Amber being available one of the days, I don't have anybody near that can help. Well, that I know of yet. I need to do some puppy eyes and pleading and see if I can find someone to help! This really would be perfect. And even more so because if Chris can't find a job before he graduates, we'll be going back to Lima and he'll be transferring to the store there, still as a Sales Associate, so I would have to work. And if I could work from home it would be perfect!!


UGH so exciting and nerve-wracking :-) I'm excited because our life is finally falling into the place it's supposed to be. I hate this in-between waiting time, where our lives have started but not really taken off. I'm not expecting it to be some leap and bound fantastic adventure full of adrenaline. But just to be settled into a house, with a career and we don't have to figure so many things out and improvise our lives...ohh I can't wait for that!!


Thank you God for guiding my family and I to our futures! Please continue to do so in the coming months and for the rest of our lives while you're at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment